Well, there were only 2 entries in the October Card Contest... These two came from Tiffany and her mom, Jamie. Here's Tiffany's first... This ice cream stamp set retired a while ago, but I had fun using it for several cards when it was current. I like how Tiffany added the bottom scoop of ice cream (although I'd be sad to have this happen if it were real ice cream!). The bright colours are vibrant and fun - I think anyone would love to receive a card like this.
Jamie's card is also fun and I love how she created the big bright moon in the background. I expect she likely cut out a circle and layered it on her background paper then used a brayer to ink up around it. When she removed the circle, this nice moon appeared. Notice also how she used glitter - maybe Iridescent Ice Emboss Powder (?) to create the stars. Definately a great card for a cat lover!Okay, so let's get to announcing the winner... Using the list randomizer here's the outcome:
- Tiffany
- Jamie
Now, we'll try another contest for November... The theme won't come as a big surprise and most everyone should be able to make a submission - it's Holiday/Christmas cards! Just to recap on the "rules" for the contest, your submissions must use only Stampin' Up! products (current or retired) and in emailing me your submission, you are giving me permission to post it on my blog. The prize will again be $20 in Stampin' Up! product plus a hostess stamp set. You will receive one entry in the prize draw per submission. Your submission (by email to be at bevennis@shaw.ca) must be received by November 30th.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment