I wish I knew who had originally created this card, but I've seen it in several different places now so I just have no idea who was so amazingly creative! I just know that I am so thankful that they shared their creativity so I could share it with you. Isn't this card the cutest?!! If you haven't already ordered the Tart & Tangy stamp set (only available until June 30th), then this is the card that just might convince you... It got me! I had seen many cute cards made with the set, but had resisted buying it until I saw this popsicle card.This card is actually really easy to make. The main card is a piece of 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" Only Orange card stock, scored and folded in half so that it is 4 1/2" x 2 3/4". Then I used the Scallop punch to make the bite out of the top corner - you'll only be able to punch through one layer of card stock at a time so punch the first layer then close your card so you can line your punch up to punch the second layer in the same place as the first.
The inside piece of Whisper White card stock is 2 1/2" x 4 1/4". Be sure to stamp this one first before you assemble the card as you won't be able to stamp with the popsicle stick under this piece.
I also used the Corner Rounder on all of the remaining corners - don't forget to do this on your white piece as well! Next, I attached the popsicle stick to the Only Orange piece using SNAIL adhesive. When you are ready to put the Whisper White piece in, use two Dimensionals - one on each of the bottom corners. This will allow room for the popsicle stick which ends up sandwiched between the layers of card stock. Then I just ran a bit of SNAIL adhesive down the popsicle stick again so that it would also stick to the Whisper White card stock and put a little at the top of the Whisper White card stock.Stamp the orange slice and punch it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. Layer it on a piece of Yoyo Yellow card stock that's been punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch.
And, notice the ribbon... I added some Yoyo Yellow onto the Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon using a Stampin' Write Marker. So simple! And, the ribbon is attached to the popsicle stick with Sticky Strip.
Now, you could easily change the colour of this card - imagine stamping the citrus slice in green for a lime popsicle or in yellow for a lemon one. There's also a strawberry in the stamp set so you could easily make this a red popsicle. And, you could use the cherries on that one instead of the strawberry. So much fun! I think this would make a perfect party invite for a summer birthday or a BBQ.
Don't miss out on this great stamp set! It's only $15.76...
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment