I've been feeling bad because it's been a while since I've posted new card samples... So, I'm going to try to make up for it right
now! These are all cards from my last Stamp-A-Stack. It was a great evening of stamping with a great group of stamping friends! I tried to mix some new products in with some that are retiring.This first one uses the Unfrogettable stamp set which is being retired... it's such a fun set and I will miss it. I love making film strips with the Spiral punch. We stamped the frogs onto Naturals White card stock using Jet Black StazOn ink then we watercoloured using an Aquapainter with Mellow Moss and Soft Sky ink. The main card is Mellow Moss and the greeting and mushroom are stamped in Always Artichoke ink.
Touch of Nature is another set that is retiring so I wanted to use it in a class one more time... The colour combination on this card is striking - Basic Black, Rose Red and the retiring River Rock. The bird is stamped on Confetti White card stock with Jet Black StazOn and then we used an Aquapainter again to watercolour. I like the layout of this card... it's a little something different.
I wanted to use The Snowflake Spot one more time so even though it's only August, I decided it wasn't too early to start making Christmas cards! This one was inspired from a sample that was in the Fall-Winter catalogue, but I changed the colours. In fact, I used a retiring colour (Blue Bayou) with a new colour (Baja Breeze) and they look great together! When I was deciding on colours for this card, I also noticed that Soft Sky also goes really well with these other two blues.
I was inspired by a card sample I saw on Splitcoaststampers for this next one... such a brilliant idea! The flames are stamped with a stamp from Pick a Petal. They are stamped in So Saffron and then we used an Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker to colour on the darker part of the flame. The candles were stamped with the rectangular stamp from the retiring Be Happy stamp set. I loved the "wish big" greeting on this card... seemed perfect for these big flames!
Now, onto some new stuff... This simple card uses three of the new In Colour colours - Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango in textured card stock. There's only one stamp on this card - from the Think Happy Thoughts stamp set. Then there's lots of punches... Trio Flower, Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle and Double Circle.
I'm so happy that the Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper made it into the new catalogue! I've really enjoyed using it and it was perfect for this simple card. The greeting on this card is from the new Wow Flowers stamp set. Lots of cards were also stamped using the birthday greeting out of this set last night and they looked really good too.
This card also uses the Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper. It's very similar to the last card, but has a few different elements... I like how the stars are punched out - the key to doing this is to punch the small star first and then punch the larger star. The card actually looks a little washed out in this scan - it's a bit brighter. The greeting is from A Little Birthday Cheer.Well, I hope you've enjoyed these cards... I had lots of fun stamping them and many of them were stamped last night at the Stamp-A-Stack!
I'm going to spend some time with my new Idea Book & Catalogue now while I watch some of the Olympics... I need to get my wish list going so I'm ready to place my first order on Monday! : )
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
Your cards are fabulous and we really enjoyed making them the other night! Top notch!!
Post a Comment