Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sometimes I have a hard time saying good-bye...


Do you ever make a card and then have a difficult time giving it away? It happens to me all the time... And, this is another example of a card that almost didn't make it into the envelope! I might have to make myself another one.

I was invited to a surprise birthday party for one of my stamping friends, Carol Lynn. We had a lovely evening and it was so nice to be able to be part of the celebration. Oh, and Carol Lynn was completely surprised which made it even more fun! Carol Lynn shares my love of panda bears and she has also come to all of my Punch Your Art Classes so I knew that a punch art panda would make the perfect card for her. I had seen a punched panda bear on a blog once, but it didn't seem quite right to me so I was basically designing it myself... I took out a little panda bear that I have and went to work. I was quite pleased with the final card.

Some of you know that I started taking cake decorating classes recently. My schedule makes it difficult sometimes to fit the classes in, so it's been interesting as I started with the first class of level 2, had to miss the second half of level two, and then today I took a 10-hour level 3 class. I start level 1 tomorrow night! Nothing like challenging myself! So, the project for level 3 was a wedding cake with fondant. We made roses out of fondant. We also made Easter lilies, poinsettias and petunias with royal icing... I thought you might enjoy seeing my cake. It's pretty plain - we ended up only having about 2 hours to put the fondant on, assemble and decorate our cakes at the end of the day. I would have liked to have made more flowers because I think it would look pretty with some roses on the bottom layer. It took about 10 minutes to make each rose though so these three were all I had time for!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All stamped images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Cakes Bev. Oh and the card is really cute as well.

Anonymous said...

thanks Bev for the lovely card, I feel really honored to have received this wonderful card, it will be put in a very special place and also thank you so very much for attending my surprise b'day party.

Your cake looks wonderful what a fabulous job you did - just got back from two weeks vacation and doing a little catch up take care CL

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev
Do you have any classes planned? I am not able to view anything and I don't get any notices from you. Please let me know I am looking for a punch class soon.
Katherine Brusse