Monday, December 17, 2007

A sneak peek!


Well, what I surprise I had today... I received my demonstrator copy of the new catalogue in the mail! Only one copy... the rest will be here soon! The catalogue has a beautiful cover and many nice things inside!

So, although I can't show you everything in the catalogue, I thought I could give you a sneak peek... Here are a few cards created with new stamp sets.

The first one is my creation using a set called "Embrace Life". It's a beautiful set and I really enjoyed making this card. For the first time ever, I used my Watercolour Paper (pg 179) and I loved it! I've actually had it for a long time and never used it... now I'll be ordering some more because I know I will want to use it more! I stamped the flower in Jet Black StazOn and then coloured using an Aquapainter and Groovy Guava ink. Notice the new Designer Series Paper as well - it's called Ginger Blossom. Oh, and also notice that I managed to make a card without ribbon! Very rare for me!!

The next two cards use a stamp set called "Time Well Spent". It's a hostess stamp set in the new catalogue and it is amazing! This is the stamp set that was sent to all Stampin' Up! demonstrators as a gift from Shelli Gardner... With all my Christmas card stamping, I haven't managed to use mine yet, but I did receive some fantastic swaps from my downline tonight using this set.

This nice colourful card was stamped by Alicia. I know Alicia commented that it was a lot of colouring to make this card for the swap, especially with all the Christmas preparations she has going on right now, but I really appreciate the time she dedicated to making this card. It's very cheery!

Suzanne managed to skip most of the colouring with her design by stamping the images in different colours of ink. This brings a different look to the set and shows that it can be versatile for quick cards. Don't you love the greeting on this card? It says "time spent with friends is time well spent." Very well said!

I'll try to share some more cards from this swap with you soon. With Christmas season upon us, things are very busy in our house so my computer time is pretty limited right now. I did manage to get all of our cards out though, with the last leaving today... our total reached 192 hand-stamped cards!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2008)

No comments: