Saturday, December 15, 2007

A special request


A couple of weeks ago, we had a craft and bake sale at work to raise money for the United Way. Well, I bet you can guess what I contributed... yes, lots of cards! We had a great sale and raised over $600 total so that was fantastic. In the process though, I had a special request from one of my co-workers who wanted a pink and green Christmas card for his wife... You may be surprised that I didn't have one of these on hand! ; ) So, today I made the card for him. What do you think? It's my first Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery Christmas card. It's actually growing on me - it's quite pretty! You kind of lose a bit of the effect on the scan - I did the faux diamond dust technique on the top part by stamping the snowflakes first, then covering the whole piece with VersaMark ink and sprinkled Irridescent Ice Emboss Powder over the whole thing. You have to be careful when you heat this because if you over-heat it, you will lose the glitter. Then, I also added Irridescent Ice Emboss Powder on the little snowman using a VersaMarker pen. The textured card stock and the light pink rhinestone brad add great detail along with the Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon.

I'm still stamping a few last Christmas cards this weekend... I've completed 128 so far and am just finishing off the last 65 now! Tomorrow, Mom and I will be making our Christmas meat pies - yummy! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a clever gal you are and who would of thought how that combination would have worked - not bad, not bad at all - great job Bev.

All the best to you and your family.
cheers
CB