I had a chance to enjoy being in our nation's capital today... I went to see the holiday lights at Parliament Hill tonight - it was nice to see some festivities on the hill since things have been rather tumultuous there these last few days! I'm staying in a hotel only a few blocks away so I bundled up, played some Christmas music on my iPod and just went out to appreciate this beautiful city. I thought you might like seeing a couple of the photos I took while I was wandering...
This second photo is of the National War Monument. It's surrounded by trees with wonderful Christmas lights, but I just liked how this picture turned out. It's so surreal to stand at the base of this monument and I found it particularly spectacular in the dark tonight.
Well, I better share another card with you before I sign off. This was one that we had at this year's Santa's Workshops. It's actually a very easy card to make. I cut an oval template using my Coluzzle and then laid the template over my card stock, using a sponge dipped into Mellow Moss ink to sponge on the oval. Then I stamped the image in Chocolate Chip ink. Both stamps on this card are from the Sleigh Bells Ring stamp set. The greeting is stamped in Always Artichoke, then layered onto a piece of Mellow Moss card stock and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. And, to finish it off, I had to add some ribbon, of course! This is the Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon. The main card is Always Artichoke and the card front is Very Vanilla layered onto Chocolate Chip card stock.I hope your week is going well... only one more day until the weekend! Yay!! This is my weekend to get started on my own Christmas cards, which I am very anxious to do.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
great photo's Bev, hard to believe that I was there just a month ago with snow on the ground, but the lights were not up yet.. and it didn't look that spectacular. We drove by the back of the National War Memorial, what a great shot you got.
cheers
clb
Post a Comment