Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Light Heart


I've really enjoyed using the "A Light Heart" stamp set. This special stamp set is a fundraising effort with Stampin' Up! donating $3 to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada for every one of these special stamp sets purchased. The set can will only be available until September 30th.

As many of you know, I have a very personal attachment to heart disease after having watched my father go through open heart surgery twice - once 20 years ago and once only a year and a half ago. We had many anxious moments through both of his surgeries. It was amazing though to see how many improvements he has enjoyed in his life since his most recent surgery and we have so much to be thankful for.

I was thrilled that Stampin' Up! decided to release this special stamp set. Even though I should probably have known this, I was surprised to learn that heart disease is the number one killer of women.

So far, 1,533 sets have been purchased in Canada, which means that $4,599 is already going to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. WOW!! Thanks to everyone who has already purchased the set! I'm sure you'll enjoy using it for lots of different occasions, especially anniversary, wedding and Valentine's cards. It also makes great thank you cards - I love the stamp that says "from the bottom of my heart" because it pairs with so many "thank you" stamps so well.

To your health,

Bev.

No comments: