Monday, September 25, 2006

Ribbon, Wonderful Ribbon


When I first saw the new Ribbon Originals, I thought that they were beautiful but I wasn't sure how I would use them on my cards. I was getting ready for my last Stamp-A-Stack and decided that I wanted to "play" with these ribbons and see what I could come up with. Well, I discovered that it wasn't as difficult as I had thought. Whether it's a big bow, a little knot, a tab or just a strip of ribbon that you add to your card with the Ribbon Originals, you'll find that they add a whole new personality and beauty to your artwork!

I found that my projects worked out really well when I decided which stamp set I wanted to use then picked one of the ribbons that I thought would go well. From there, I could find the card stock that coordinated with the ribbon - this was lots of fun with the striped ribbons and I discovered some new colour combinations that I might not have used otherwise. I made the "Thinking of You" card first and was so happy to see how just a small piece of ribbon added so much to this card. It was lots of fun!

The "Happy Birthday" card with the bear from "Favourite Teddy Bear" was made by my friend, Suzanne, for a card swap. I was thrilled to receive this fantastic card. I probably would never have thought of adding such a wonderful big bow to the front of a card, but it looks so nice! It's even better in person...!!

Have a look at the samples below with the "A Light Heart" stamp set which also show some of the new ribbons...

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

No comments: