
Isn't this just adorable? It's such a quick and easy project and such a cute little gift. Here's how you make it...
1 - Cut four scallop envelopes using the Scallop Envelope Bigz Die and the Big Shot. Fold each as pictured below. You will basically be folding both sides and the bottom up as though you are making an envelope and then the flap will be folded backwards. I like to use a Bone Folder to make sure the folds are nice and crisp. I've cut mine out of Pink Pirouette card stock.

2 - Line the four envelopes up. On one of the side flaps, run SNAIL adhesive all along the outside edge and attach one envelope to the next, lining up the flaps and pressing them together to be sure they are well adhered. Do this so that all four of the envelopes are adhered together.

3 - Now, run SNAIL adhesive down one of the outside flaps and adhere the two outside flaps together to form the box.

4 - To close the bottom of the box, I find it best to stick opposite sides down as this keeps the box more square and it sits flat after. I would fold the bottoms from each of the two sides in then put SNAIL Adhesive on the inside of one of the remaining flaps and adhere it. Repeat with the remaining flap. Stand the box up and press down on the bottom from the inside to be sure the bottom is well adhered.

5 - You will notice that the bottom has a small opening - you could cover this with a piece of card stock in the inside if necessary, but it's probably not going to matter much depending on what you are putting in the box.

6 - Decorate the outside of the box if you want. I used Parisien Summer Designer Series Paper to wrap the box. Then I punched two flowers using the 5-Petal Flower Punch, sponged the edges with Pink Pirouette ink, and attached them to a piece of Sage Shadow card stock that was layered on a piece of So Saffron card stock. I added a Filigree Designer Brad to the centre of the flower and attached this to the front of the box to cover the small gap in the ends of the Designer Series Paper.
7 - Fill your box and give it to its lucky recipient! I filled my box with little chocolate nuggets that I had wrapped with Parisien Summer Designer Series Paper.
I hope you will have fun making your own scallop envelope boxes!
Happy creating!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment