Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Thanks, Alison!


I received this adorable little book from my upline and friend, Alison. Isn't it fun? Alison cut the cover and back from chipboard using the Big Shot and my favourite die - the Top Note Bigz Die. She also used this die to cut the Parisien Summer Designer Series Paper that she used to cover the chipboard. She has also used the Big Shot to cut the letter "B" for the front which she then covered with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. There are so many little details on this little book... You can click on the picture to see it larger.

On the inside, Alison stamped the cover with the Define Your Life stamp set and the Defining Alphabet. Then she included some blank pages... You could fill this little book with photos or favourite quotes. Wouldn't this make a cute recipe book that you could give someone? Thanks so much for this treasure, Alison!

I know some of you have heard me tell the story of how I met Alison before... it's really two stories in one - how I met a new friend and how I fell in love with Stampin' Up! A good friend of mine, Andrea, was getting married and had asked me to be her Maid of Honour. She lives in the lower mainland so I went over one weekend to help with wedding plans. She picked me up at the ferry early on Saturday morning and as she was running through the list of things she had planned for the day, she said that we were going to some woman's house in New Westminster that afternoon for a stamping open house. As I asked more about this part of the day, I found out that Andrea had been at their local Michael's (oh my gosh, I can't believe I said that on my blog!) and had ended up talking to this woman (Alison) who told her about some stamping company (Stampin' Up!) that was new in Canada. Alison invited her to come to her open house and that was what we were doing. Well, I must tell you that I was not at all fond of this idea and as the day progressed, I argued against this plan... imagining all the worst possible news stories that could come of this - what if Alison turned out to be luring people into her house for something other than stamping... what if she turned out to be an axe murderer? Okay, my mind was running wild... But we went and I can tell you that it was a very pleasant afternoon and about 2 and a half minutes in, I felt that our safety was in no way in jeopardy! Well, Alison started stamping and demonstrating and telling us about Stampin' Up! I was drooling over a catalogue... And, to make a long story short, three days later, my friend Jodi and I had both signed up as Stampin' Up! demonstrators... That was in June 2002 and it has been so much fun ever since. I'm so glad that Alison met Andrea that day and that Andrea insisted that we go to the open house. I have met some truly wonderful people through this "hobby"!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: