I'm just getting ready to head out to a 4th birthday party for little Chantal... I finished making her card and then realized that I had it all sealed in the envelope and had not even thought to take a picture! Silly me...
So instead, I'm sharing this adorable card that I received in a swap from my friend Alicia. I love how Alicia chose to colour this image... it could be one that would be very time consuming, but looks perfect just outlined in colour. Another idea for this that I've seen is to leave it completely uncoloured (is that a word? I don't think it is... oh well!) and then attach a couple of crayons to the front of the card so that the little girl who receives it can do her own colouring. I was thinking about that idea just now and then thought that you could maybe attach the horse layer with magnets to your card front so that she could take it off, colour it and then have a fridge magnet. That would be fun! Oh, but I would recommend stamping the image in Jet Black StazOn if you did this because it will not be as prone to fading as the Classic ink would be... or you could stamp in Craft or VersaMark ink and emboss in black which would be really cute!
Okay, I better go get showered... I have to go help decorate and then I'm in charge of entertaining the kids at the party today so I can't be late! : )
Bev.
PS - Happy birthday to our little neice Brooklyn who is turning 2 today! Wish we could be in Calgary to celebrate with you, but we will be thinking about you!! : )
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment