Sunday, September 16, 2007

More Fun & Fast Notes!

Have I mentioned how much I am enjoying this stamp set? I know I have, but I just have to say again that it is so versatile and easy to use... We actually used it for two cards at the Stamp-A-Stack this weekend. This great birthday card was one that we CASEd from Eleonor. I loved the colours on this as soon as I saw it. It's such a fun card!


We had a great time at the Stamp-A-Stacks this weekend... twenty stampers created 176 cards! I always enjoy watching our cards being re-created. I especially enjoy seeing some of the adjustments and changes that are made as stampers get creative... I had posted a baby card that I made for the Stamp-A-Stack a few posts ago... we also made this card in Groovy Guava. This card turned out to be quite popular and we saw lots of creativity as different images were used - the birthday cake, the hedgehog, the bird and the wedding cakes were all popular and looked great! I liked the wedding cakes on this card so much that I stamped a couple tonight... A few of the creative stampers this weekend flipped the Double-Sided Designer Paper over and used the other side which looked fantastic with the wedding cakes so I did the same thing. And, I added some Irridescent Ice Emboss Powder to the cakes using a VersaMarker. I love these cards - beautiful in both Soft Sky and Groovy Guava!

Last night and today, I've been creating some new Christmas cards and I used the tree from Fun & Fast Notes for a couple. Here's my favourite. I used Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive on this card. I stamped the Ruby Red piece with the Canvas background stamp and the greeting comes from the new All Holidays stamp set. I coloured the tree with Stampin' Write Markers, but I thought the pot looked a little dull when I coloured it in solid so instead, I used the fine tip of the marker and left some white space. I'm quite pleased with this card!

Well, I'm going to get back to stamping... I hope to get one or two more cards created tonight!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: