Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Fall!

Okay, it's time for some new cards! I've had a very busy week... lots of stamping and lots of other things going on... Yesterday, I got together with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we had so much fun. There were 14 women together in one room with stamps, ink, card stock and chocolate - it doesn't get much better than that!
So, I thought I would share a couple of our make and take cards and one of the swap cards that I received with you tonight. The "Happy Thanksgiving" card was designed by Melanie. I'm now in love with the Sanded background stamp that she used on this card. The colours on this card are great - Wild Wasabi, Really Rust and Close to Cocoa.

Sonia designed these next two cards. The first one was part of our techniques swap - she used the Waxed Paper Resist technique on the top of this card. Interesting how similar but yet how different Sonia's and Melanie's cards are! This is a fun Halloween card! The stamp is from the Batty for You set and the designer paper is from the Creepy Crawly package.


And, one more from Sonia... This one was a make and take and I could have done a much better job of stamping it! But I wanted to share it with you anyways because there is a very brilliant idea on it. Look at the faux stitching around the edges of the card stock... this was stamped on with a stamp from the All in a Row set. Isn't this a great idea? I wish I had managed to stamp it on a bit better - Sonia's sample looked much better, but I'm sure that with a bit of practice, this would get much easier!

I'll be sharing some more of the great cards from this weekend during the week... check back!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: