
This adorable card was a make and take at one of our demonstrator meetings - the original was made by Robin. I was so thrilled to stamp this card because ladybugs have taken on a special meaning in our life... I'll get to that in a minute though! The ladybug is made using two circle punches - 1 1/4" and 1 3/8". The wings are made from the Pick a Petal stamp set - isn't this a creative way to use the petals in a different way? The antenna and the ladybug's trail are drawn on using a Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler. And the little scalloped edge at the bottom was created using a slit punch - just punch repetitively making sure that each scallop is connected as you punch across the card stock. I will definitely be making this card again!
So, why are ladybugs special to us? Well, there is a belief that ladybugs are a sign of good luck for China adoptions. We can certainly use as much good luck as possible these days! The basic story is this: Several years ago in China, as the international adoption programs were beginning to take off, there was a fall season where the ladybug population grew unusually large. This was thought to be a lucky charm for those that were adopting, so now whenever ladybugs are seen, it is said that more beautiful children are being referred to wonderful waiting parents.
Today was the perfect day to post this card because... we received word of our login date (LID)! What does this mean? First, it means that we have confirmation that China has received our dossier (application). Second, it basically tells us where we are in the waiting line... everyone else with this same LID will receive their referral at the same time as us.
This is a huge milestone!! I couldn't believe my eyes as I read the email... when we received word that our file had been sent to China on September 27, I thought, "wouldn't it be amazing if our login date is our anniversary?" We didn't really think that it would happen that quickly though. Still, on our anniversary, I kept wondering if maybe our file was being received in China... Well, our LID is October 12, 2007 - our 11th wedding anniversary! Oh my gosh, I can't even believe it!! And, I can't tell you how happy we are!
Since I've strayed off of stamping and am again talking about our adoption, I want to send out a big thank you to everyone who has already given/sent us a piece of fabric and a wish for our 100 Good Wishes Quilt. We're still collecting and will be for some time - my sister is going to put our quilt together for us, but it will be sometime in the spring before we start this... Click here if you'd like more information. If you need ideas for your good wish, have a look at this blog where you can see the good wishes that another adoptive family received.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment