Sunday, September 21, 2008

Frankenstein...


Don't miss the post with yesterday's door prize winners below...

Isn't this a fun card? I don't take any creative credit for it... but I don't know where the credit for this idea goes because there are all sorts of versions of this guy all over the blogosphere right now. Someone was really thinking "outside the box" when they came up with this! The face is die cut using the Big Shot and the Top Note Bigz Die. I cut both the face (out of Kiwi Kiss) and the hair (out of Elegant Eggplant) at the same time - you can cut up to 5 pieces of card stock at one time! Just remember, if you are using a die that also scores, it's best to do one sheet at a time.

The rest of his face is punched with circle punches - 1" for the white of his eyes and 3/4" for the black, 1 1/4" for his eyelids and nose. Then I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to draw on his mouth and scar and a White Gel Pen to add the white to his eyes. Once I had him all assembled, I finished the card by stamping "happy Halloween" using the Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set in Whisper White.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: