Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snow Swirled

Here's a very quick and easy Christmas card that I made using the Snow Swirled stamp set and the Big Shot. I'm really enjoying this new stamp set - and it's exciting that it is on sale right now! But only for a few more days... the sale ends at the end of this month. Be sure to check out all of the sets that are on sale here. I've also used two new colours on this card - Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze.

I've been busy this week getting ready for my downline group meeting that's coming up this Saturday. Once a year, we spend a full day stamping together! I always enjoy time with stamping friends and I am so looking forward to a whole day of stamping! And, I will have lots of new things to share with you after...

So, besides stamping, I've been busy refreshing myself on driving a standard... My first car, a Mercury Capri that I received as my 17th birthday gift, was a standard. I only drove it for a couple of years so it's been quite a few years since I've had to deal with shifting gears. Well, we just bought a beautiful new Honda Civic. We spent a few evenings in the Costco parking lot last week practicing and giggling with each other! We laughed that we could only take our new car out after 9:00 pm because we were too afraid to be in heavy traffic with it! But, I was brave over the weekend and took it out in the middle of the day... I'm doing pretty well, but I have to say that the sight of a hill still brings fear!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that card!!I can relate to the standard shift Honda. I too had to learn ( had only sunday evening) and then had to drive to work at Douglas & Fort the next day. I don't know where those huge hills on douglas st went, but they were sure there on my white knuckled drive Mon. morning in rush hour traffic. ( I learned at Western Speedway. Costco wasn't there then.)good luck!! Georgette