Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Momma!

Today is my Mom's birthday... I won't tell you which birthday it is for her, but I'll show you the card that I made for her!

This was so much fun to make... The card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Almost Amethyst on it. This is the front of the card - it has a little "belly band" on it to keep it closed because the inside is the pop up cake. The belly band is the strip of Regal Rose card stock with the two stars on it near the bottom of the card - it wraps right around it to keep it closed. The numbers come from the Sticky Cut Letters shown on page 180. They are basically like Sticky Strip but cut into the letter and number shapes. I stuck them onto the card stock then sprinkled the the celery glitter from the Fine Cosmo set over it. It's amazing - when you rub your hand over it, the glitter does not come off at all!

Ready to see the inside? Here it is! I used the Three Tier Cake XL Bigz Die that I showed you here. All of the stars are put onto the cake using strips of Window Sheet. It was fun creating this special card. It's hard to surprise my Mom with any cards that I make, but I think I managed to do it with this one! It's a pretty unique and exciting card.

We had a nice family evening tonight to celebrate Mom's big day. We had dinner out at our favourite Chinese Restaurant, where Mom was treated to her first birthday cake of the evening. It was a Tiramisu cake from Murchie's. Yummy! But, we had also bought her a cake, also from Murchie's ironically! So after we had been home for a bit, we sang her happy birthday one more time and had another little slice of very delicious cake!

Mom was pretty happy about her birthday presents although she has to wait for both. First, she and I are going to spend a day at the Sante Spa - pedicure, manicure and facial plus lunch and some relaxing time. Then, her sister, nephew and niece and their spouses and one little baby (Mom's great nephew) are coming out in June for a visit... we'll be spending a weekend in Chemainus with them and it's sure to be a lot of fun!

Happy birthday, Mom! May your year ahead be filled with much love and laughter... and some fun stamping times too!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

ct said...

Happy Belated Birthday Terry! You are such a special lady and it looks like you were well treated by very special folks!

Love the card Bev!