Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last of the Masculine Card Contest Entries

I'm back home and finally getting back into the routine! Here are the last entries that I received fro the Masculine Card Contest...

The first one is from Jamie and it uses a retired set that I really enjoyed using called Artfully Asian. I love how Jamie created the background, using Certainly Celery and Taken with Teal ink, rolled on with a brayer. I'm not sure if she used Glossy White or Whisper White card stock - both will work for this but the Glossy White tends to be a little easier and more forgiving for this technique. She has also used the Weathered background stamp on the Taken with Teal layer under her main stamped image.

Next is a card from Heather that she stamped for her son's 19th birthday. She always uses red on his cards because it's his favourite colour - on this one she used Ruby Red with Cameo Coral. The stamp set she used is called Cheers to You - perfect for a 19th birthday! Did you notice that she used some Liquid Applique for the foam on the beer mug? We used to have this fun product but it's been gone for a while and I miss using it!

And, the final entry came from Ingmarie. She used the Scandinavian wheel with the Circle of Friendship stamp set. The card stock colours are Rose Red and maybe Brocade Blue (?) - the blue is textured. This card also uses the circle punches.

So, I heard from lots of you that creating masculine cards was quite a challenge... I think I will have to work at making sure to include a few more in my stamping classes so that it helps to make this a little easier!

Thanks to everyone who entered - the cards were great! It's so much fun to receive your entries.

Okay, now for the news that everyone who submitted a card is waiting for... the winner this month is:

Faye!

I used the List Randomizer again to get the winner.

Faye, I will email you tonight with the hostess sets that you can pick from and you will also have a $20 credit to use towards anything that you would like from the current Idea Book & Catalogue or Occasions Mini Catalogue!!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Faye! You had a really great masculine card. It could easily be used for several different types of guy occassions.