
There is still one week for you to get your entries in for the Masculine Card Contest... Here are the submissions that I've received so far:
This one is from Faye. Her email came in very quickly after I posted the challenge... quick stamper! : ) She has used the Inspired by Nature stamp set which she stamped on Whisper White card stock with Old Olive ink. She has sponged Summer Sun ink all around the card and used a Close to Cocoa marker to make the cattails. The greeting comes from the Amazing to Zany stamp set stamped in Basic Grey (I think!). The base of the card is Basic Grey layered with Old Olive and Summer Sun... The final touch is Basic Grey Taffeta Ribbon and a brad.

Next are two cards from Hollie using the same layout in different colours. The lighthouse comes from a retired set called On the Beach - I always loved this set! The greeting is from the ever-popular and versatile Sincere Salutations stamp set. I think that the card on the left is done in Brocade Blue and More Mustard and the card on the right is Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip and Really Rust.
And, here's one more from Hollie... I can't recall the stamp set that the cupcake comes from (anyone remember?) but the greeting is a Sale-A-Bration stamp set from last year called Lots of Thoughts. This is a very versatile layout that could be used in many different ways! There are lots of layers of card stock on this one - my guess is Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel and Whisper White... Hollie, you can correct me if I didn't get it right! ; )
This is Elinor's submission. She got pretty creative here! This is the Just Hockey stamp set. Elinor made the goal crease area using the Wide Oval Punch - what a great idea! She has also used the Large Star Punch. I also like how she sponged the Whisper White card stock to give it to cool look of ice.
And, this is Kristal's creation. She tells me that she was using Harley Davidson colours... The pocket is from a retired set called Pocket Fun. The tools are from another retired set that I don't remember the name of but you could easily use Totally Tool set that we currently have available.Thanks once again to everyone who has sent in their entries! It's so much fun to see your creativity. This contest closes on May 15th... I hope to see a few more cards before then!
I've been a busy bee over the past few days making Mother's Day cards... I showed a couple of people at work a picture of my rose card and things took off from there! I ended up making 9 of them for my co-workers! I took pictures of every one - I'll share a few more so you can see how they look in different colours. I should manage to get them posted tomorrow evening...
On a non-stamping related note, has anyone been to see Walking with Dinosaurs yet? I'm going tomorrow with three little munchkins and can't wait! It looks like an amazing show...
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
Well, Bev, I've been trying to figure out where that cupcake came from. It was a card I made awhile ago....am now thinking that it might not have been a Stampin' Up Cupcake! Yikes! I thought it was! You shouldn't count it as a submission. I love all these other cards! What amazing work! I wish I had the talent of these very creative ladies!!!!
Post a Comment