Monday, April 20, 2009

Another card contest!

Well, it was so much fun to see the creations that came in over the last few weeks in my Spring Card Contest that I'm ready to go with another contest! The "theme" this time is masculine... I know we often struggle with creating cards for the men in our lives so this might be just the way to find some inspiration. It can be a birthday card, a thank you card, or maybe a Father's Day card... anything that's masculine is fair game for the contest.

So, let's go over the "rules" again:

1. You must use only Stampin' Up! supplies - current or retired is fine.

2. When you email me the photo or scan of your card, you are giving me permission to post it on my blog (with credit to you - I will use only your first name or will not include your name if you request).

3. Your card should be your own design - it's fine, of course, to be inspired by someone else but try to change the colours or layout or stamp set if you are going to spin off from someone else's creation.

4. You must be in Canada to qualify for the draw.

Photos or scans of your card must be emailed to me by May 15th in order to be entered in the draw. I will announce the winner here on or shortly after May 16th (leaving myself a little flexibility this time because that's the long weekend and we will be in Calgary babysitting our nieces!).

And, what's in it for you? Well, besides the fame that comes with having your creation posted on my blog (LOL), once the entry deadline is reached, I will hold a draw with one entry per card submission - the winner will receive a $20 credit towards stamping supplies of your choice (from the current Idea Book & Catalogue) plus a free hostess stamp set (I'll have a few for you to choose from if you win).

Now, let me share a little inspiration with you. This will be one of the cards at this upcoming weekend's Stamp-A-Stack. To be honest though, I would not be able to enter this card because it's really not my original creation - I loved a card posted on Patty Bennett's blog and although I did make a few minor changes, this is almost an exact copy. The card is made with the Friends 24-7 stamp set which I recently ordered because I was seeing so many cards made with it that I loved! The Designer Series Paper is from the Sweet Slumber Specialty which you are going to love - it's card stock weight and has a bit of a texture. I stamped the bird on Whisper White using Basic Brown ink then coloured in the branch with Sahara Sand, the leaves with Mellow Moss, and the bird's feet and beak with Barely Banana. I've added some Chocolate Chip card stock and a greeting from the On Your Birthday stamp set and that's it. Oh, and the main card is Sahara Sand. Simple, quick, masculine card! I didn't even have the urge to add ribbon if you can believe it! : )

Speaking of the Stamp-A-Stack, I do have a few seats still open for Saturday morning... if you'd like to join in on the stampin' fun, email me to reserve a seat! By the way, I'm amazed because all 12 of the cards for the Stamp-A-Stack are ready to go... and the creating only started yesterday! It was a very good stamping day!! And, one of the cards is definitely in my top 10 favourite cards of all time! Can't wait to share it with everyone on Friday!! I'll post it here after the Stamp-A-Stack.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: