
This is a card that I designed for a stamping class that I had this afternoon and I thought that I would share this simple watercolouring technique with you... Notice how the cupcake is shaded. This is something I always admire in card samples but I've felt challenged to do it myself. Well, here's the trick!

First, I stamped the cupcake (from the new Wagon Full of Fun set in the mini catalogue) onto watercolour card

stock using StazOn ink. Then I used Stampin' Write Markers to colour. I coloured the flame with Barely Banana and the candle with Sage Shadow. Next, I outlined the icing with my Pixie Pink Stampin' Write Marker and then I used my Aqua Painter to blend the colour. I just kept running the Aqua Painter over the Pixie Pink ink so that I could use it to colour in the icing. I let the water dry and then I applied more Pixie Pink ink to add a bit more colour. I blended again with the Aqua Painter. I did the same with the bottom of the cupcake, using a Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker. It's a simple way to watercolour and give great results.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment