I have to admit that although we have some fantastic cards for this weekend's Stamp-A-Stack, not many of them are my own creations this time... I was really pressed for time to get ready so I had to borrow inspiration from others. Which is why I love to blog surf - there are just so many great ideas out there!
My Mom often laughs at me because I tell her that I copied a card from somewhere and then I show her the card that I "copied" and it looks very different from the original. Okay, so maybe it's more that I'm inspired by another card. Here's a bit of an example. I saw this card on Dawn's blog and loved it. But I didn't have the stamp sets to make the exact card so I knew I was going to need to adapt it a bit... well, here's the final result - the same, only different! As I worked with incorporating my own ideas, the card was transformed a bit. And I love it! The stamp set is from the Mini Catalogue as is the Designer Series Paper (sorry, I'm not close to my craft room to look up the names and I don't remember them off the top of my head...). I love the look of the Eyelet Border Punch used on Vellum Card Stock - I'll probably be using this on other cards! Oh, by the way, if you are coming to the Stamp-A-Stack and want to make this card but don't need a wedding card, there are other greetings in the set that would work well!
Still a couple of seats available for Saturday morning's Stamp-A-Stack! And, I've already received the first entry for the masculine card contest... scroll down for more info about the contest!
Enjoy the sunshine and happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment