I've received three more entries for the Spring Card contest... Tomorrow is the last day for entries in this contest so get your cards in! : )

This card was created by Heather and she told me that it was inspired by the tree in her front yard! I can imagine how beautiful the tree must be... Heather used a retired set called Sheltering Tree. It looks like she used Rose Red, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue on the card. Notice how she cut the blades of grass into her Certainly Celery card stock. I also like how she used the Scallop Edge punch and then drew dots on with a White Gel Pen to add a nice touch.

Next is a card from Kristal... Doesn't this card look interesting?! Kristal says that she had seen this type of card on a blog and had to give it a try. Wow, I bet it looks amazing in real life! She has punched pieces of Designer Series Paper using a circle punch - I imagine that you could likely use any size and it would just change the size of your card. I'm not sure if you would need to score the circles before folding to get this to work - I would probably make one and then use it as a guide for the others... There are a few other details to note on this card - embossed flowers at the top, some stamping at the bottom and of course, the bling of a Rhinestone brad in the centre. Kristal sent another angle of this card so that we can really

see how it is made... As I'm looking at this card, I wonder what it would be like to punch one layer out of a bigger circle punch, then use a different colour of paper and a smaller punch to do a second layer - I might try this using a 1 3/8" circle punch and then a 1" circle punch. Fun card!

And, this card is from Deb. She used a retired hostess stamp set that was called A Little Bit of Happiness. It's a bit hard to see as some of the colour has been lost but she did colour all of the images in using a Blender Pen and an AquaPainter. Colours on this card are Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Blush Blossom. The flowers are definitely spring!
Thanks to Deb, Kristal and Heather for these submissions! Winners will be announced on Thursday!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment