
This is another creation from Stacey... This one was a make and take at our last meeting and I think it's just adorable! This one took a bit of work, but it was well worth it. It's actually a square card - 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". The main card is Bashful Blue. The first thing we did was tear some scraps of Bashful Blue card stock for the water and we used a Sponge Dauber with Whisper White ink to highlight to torn edges of the water creating some white caps. Then we ripped some Creamy Caramel card stock to create the island and used a sponge to add some Creamy Caramel ink along the torn edge as well as sponging all over the card stock to make it look more like sand. Next we arranged to pieces of card stock and we had to stamp both the ship and the pirate onto the main card. With the ship, we needed to stamp it so that the hull would be below the water line and with the pirate, we needed to stamp him so that he'd be standing on the island. Then we stamped both images again onto Whisper White card stock which we coloured and then cut out. For the ship, we stuck the hull directly on top of the stamped image and then the sails are popped up using Dimensionals. The pirate is attached directly to the card stock. Finally, we created the clouds using the Sponge Dauber and Whisper White ink again. Isn't that a clever idea? This is another fun card, perfect for all the little pirates!
Before I sign off tonight, I just want to send a big thanks out to everyone who responded to my Mac troubles... Today was the big decision day - to keep or not to keep the Mac. Well, it's staying with many thanks to everyone who offered tips and suggestions. It's working much better now and we are getting used to each other! There are lots of features that I love and I know I still have lots to learn.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment