Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Great news!

Here's some great news from Stampin' Up! today:

When it comes to quality stamp sets, Stampin' Up! has been an industry leader for several years. Our original, exclusive stamps have earned the prestigious Creating Keepsakes Readers' Choice Award for best rubber stamps eight years in a row, and every year we work to make them even better!

We're excited to announce that all new stamp sets in the Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalogue (including new hostess sets) will be die cut for your convenience! We know you enjoy the flexibility of custom mounting your stamps, and with these die-cut sets, all you'll need to do is pop, peel, and place before you begin stamping.

So all new stamp sets will be die-cut! They will be easy to identify in the new catalogue because they will have a "die-cut" symbol. I know that this will have many of you (and me!) cheering!!

Speaking of the new Fall-Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalogue which will be released on August 11th, you can now pre-order your copy from me for a special discounted price. Regular price when purchased through me is $10, however, if you order before August 1st, it will be only $8! Order yours today by sending me an email at bevennis@shaw.ca.

Although one of the stamp sets on this card is already gone - the greeting was in the Occasions Mini Catalogue - I still wanted to share it with you. My friend and fellow demonstrator, Lucie, made this card for our swap and I included it as one of the cards at the last Stamp-A-Stack. What I really like about this card is the way that Lucie used the buckle from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I've struggled with incorporating this particular piece on a card but attaching it on with the 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon was the perfect solution! Remember, the Hodgepodge Hardware is retiring but is available right now at a 25% discount...

I've spent my evening playing with my new laptop computer... my previous laptop died a while ago, we had it fixed (spent a ridiculous amount of money doing that because of course the extended warranty didn't cover what went wrong... how is that?), it was better for a couple of moths and then it died again. So, I've been struggling with the decision of what to get and since I do so much with photos and hope to start doing more, I made the big leap to a Mac. Wow, it's going to take some getting used to... I started this post on my Mac but am now finishing it off on my husband's PC. Why is my Mac so slow using the internet and why can't I open more than one internet page at a time? And why can't I use the mousepad to double click like I would on a PC? Okay, I obviously need to do some reading up on this! If there are any Mac lovers out there who want to share any tips, I'll be happy to hear from you!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

ct said...

Yippee, all die-cut already!! Wahoo!!! Great news!