Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

Can you believe that it is 2009 already? Happy New Year!! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season filled with all the things you enjoy and the people you love. Our Christmas turned out to be a bit different than planned due to our wild and crazy weather - we weren't able to go to Edmonton to be with my family as our flight was canceled so instead Brent and I enjoyed a quiet Christmas at home, just the two of us. Although it wasn't the Christmas we were expecting, it turned out to be wonderful and we enjoyed the time together. The time since then has been a bit of a whirlwind as we had one day of complete relaxation, followed by a couple of days of visiting friends and cleaning the house, and we are now on our 6th day with children staying at our house! So we have kept busy!

I know it has been a long time since I've had a chance to post here... I hope you will forgive me for taking a bit of a break over the holidays! There are so many things that we enjoy doing for Christmas and New Years that I just needed to let myself have the time to do them.

One of the first things I had to do when I started my holidays back in the middle of December was to finish our Christmas cards... It was quite a scramble to get them done, but I was successful! I'm guessing that some may have arrived after Christmas, but I did my best! : ) Here are the two cards that I made this year... you can probably tell how much I love the Big Shot!


I love to receive cards and catch up with family and friends near and far. This year, we received so many cards and it's amazing how many were handmade! I thought I would share them with you here so you could appreciate all of the creativity like I did!

From Sue, Ronnie, and Carol Lynn:


From Paula, Larissa, and Karin:


From Jennifer, Corrina, and Selena:


From Sonia, Debbie, and Faye:


From Colleen and Jo:


From Cindy, Melanie, and Jana:


From Ingmarie, Anne, and Naomi:


From Nadine, Sharon, and Auntie Pearl:


From Alison, Rhonda, and Helen:


From Alicia, Christine, and Gail:


Thanks again to everyone who sent cards... they are still decorating our fireplace and I enjoy looking at them each day!

Happy New Year! See you soon!!

Bev.

No comments: