Sunday, June 21, 2009

June Contest Entries

June's contest is well underway and so far I've received 3 entries. There's still time to get your submission in! This month's contest is for cards celebrating a graduation, wedding or anniversary. Same rules as before - use only Stampin' Up! products (current or retired) and submit your creation by email to me at bevennis@shaw.ca by June 30th. Your name will be entered once for each card submitted and the prize will be $20 in Stampin' Up! products plus a hostess stamp set! All entries will be featured on my blog, so by entering, you are giving consent to having your artwork posted. Have fun stamping!

Let's get to the cards that I've received so far. First, I had to say how impressed I am by the non- traditional ideas of the first two. This one is from Jamie and it's the graduation card that she has stamped for her son's high school graduation. Isn't it a beautiful card? She's used the Inspired by Nature stamp set (love this set - if you don't have it yet, add it to your Wish List because it's a great set to have!). This is such a nice scenic card and I think it's perfect for graduation as well as many other occasions... maybe it'll even inspire you if you still need to stamp a Father's Day card today! : )

This next card is from Elinor. Now, I have to tell you I was a little confused when she emailed me and said this was a wedding card submission... but once you know the story, it's the perfect wedding card! It's for her son's wedding and his wedding is taking place at Galey Farms. The guests are receiving a train ticket in their invitations and will be taken by train to the wedding site at Galey Farm. Isn't the greeting perfect for a wedding? The stamp set used on this card is called Happiness is a Journey - it's still available, currently on the dormant list, but it is retiring at the end of the month. It's a set of 2 - the train and greeting that you see here - for $19.95.

This last card is also from Elinor and it would make a lovely wedding card. The greeting comes from the Heard from the Heart stamp set and the one heart is from the Sale-A-Bration set called Polka Dot Punches. Elinor has also used the Bella Rose Designer Series Paper which is retired and already sold out. Such a nice card...

Okay, still time to get your submissions in...

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one, it reminds me of the Prairies and home.
Katherine

Hollie said...

I love the first one too...(all of them). Do you know what technique she used on this one to make it look like that?