Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Scrapbooking Contest Results!

Before I get to the contest, please be sure to scroll down and see the previous two entries detailing the retiring stamp sets, Decor Elements, and accessories list...

All of the entries for May's Scrapbooking Contest came in the last week, but they were worth the wait!

The first two submissions came from Kristal, featuring her adorable little son! Kristal used Simply Scrappin' Kits for both of her layouts. If you haven't used these before, they make scrapbooking so easy! You'll find them on pages 162-165 in the Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalogue. Some of them are on the Last Chance list though, so be sure to order soon if there are any that you love!

I like the Simply Scrappin' Kits because they come with all sorts of fun colour coordinated products - patterned paper and card stock as well as card stock weight self-adhesive die cuts that work beautifully to add accents to your pages. Some of the kits work well to make cards as well so don't limit yourself to scrapbooking!


The next entry that I received was from Carol Lynn - a page showcasing her Mom's birthday celebration. She also used a retired Simply Scrappin' Kit to create this cheerful layout.




And, the last entry came from Christine, with a photo of her children reminding us of all the snow that we had this past December! Christine used a Jumbo Wheel to create the background and then added snowflakes that were cut with the Snowflake #2 Sizzix Originals Die.

All of the layouts are great! The winner will be able to select one free stamp set of her choice from the current catalogues - any value!

I had a couple of questions about how I choose... I am in no way "judging" your submissions - for each submission, your name goes into the draw. Instead of using the traditional method of writing names on papers, I am using an online random list generator (www.random.org). I simply enter the first name of each person who enters - once for each entry - and then hit "randomize" and we have the winner.

So, here's what came up this time (I entered each name once for each page submitted):

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

  1. Christine
  2. Kristal
  3. Carol Lynn
  4. Kristal
  5. Kristal
This means that Christine is the winner! Please let me know which stamp set you would like to receive... you can select any stamp set from the Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalogue or from the Occasions Mini Catalogue! Congratulations, Christine!!

Don't forget about the stamping contest for June - cards celebrating a graduation, wedding or anniversary. Same rules as before - use only Stampin' Up! products (current or retired) and submit your creation by email to me by June 30th. Your name will be entered once for each card submitted and the prize will be $20 in Stampin' Up! products plus a hostess stamp set! All entries will be featured on my blog, so by entering, you are giving consent to having your artwork posted. This contest is limited to my customer base only, please.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

No comments: