Friday, July 31, 2009

Has it really been a week?


Is your summer going as quickly as mine seems to be? Sure was a warm week... I was really happy to have a cooler day today!

I took up a new challenge this week - cake decorating! I registered for a series of 6 classes and my first class was on this past Monday night... We spent the entire 4 hours making flowers from Royal Icing! Phew! We made apple blossoms (mine were cute but looked nothing like an apple blossom!), daisies (apparently an easy flower to make... not my experience with them though!), violets (really little flowers that required a lot of concentration but turned out fairly well), pansies (these were my favourite - I did well with them!), and primroses (these worked well for me also). At the next class, we are actually decorating a cake... to look like basket weaving! I'll be making 25 pansies to decorate my cake - it's been a long time since I've had to do "homework" but this is the first time that my homework involves icing! : ) If my cake turns out okay, I'll post a picture!

Okay, onto the card... this was one of my favourite cards from the last Stamp-A-Stack. I designed it myself and was quite pleased. I had been wanting to try an idea I had using the woodgrain Texturz plate... It's done with Kraft card stock. After running it through the Big Shot, I used a sponge in Chocolate Chip ink to rub colour onto the card stock. It gives it a nice colour and looks like real wood. Some of the stampers at the Stamp-A-Stack actually ran the card stock right over the ink pad and it gave it a different finish which was also really nice. The stamp set on this card is Wanted along with It's Your Birthday for the greeting.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend... lots of fun things in our plans! Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: