Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Late night blogging...


Okay, it's late and I should be in bed, but... well, I'm not! I had a horrible sleep last night - couldn't fall asleep and then when I finally did, I just kept waking up every hour or so. I thought about getting in my car and driving over to a friend's house - they have twins and one baby or the other is up most of the night these days so I figured I could been useful if I was there! : )

Anyways, I wanted to share a couple of cards with you. This is a good example of being inspired by a layout and then adapting it. The first card is one that was designed by Lucie that we stamped at our last group meeting. Lucie is a talented stamper and she has created some wonderful cards, including this one. For whatever reason though, that night I was really struggling with this one (as were a couple of other demonstrators at our table). Yes, I used both sides of the card stock... I felt the way that some of the stampers at my classes have felt on occasion trying to get things to work out just right and not feeling much luck! Anyways, enough to say that although this card looks okay, Lucie's sample looked even better! I think my favourite part is the little touch of ribbon in the bottom corner... you know how I love my ribbon and this was nice change!

I had an idea in my mind to design a card with the Artfully Asian stamp set (I'm so fond of this set!) by stamping the flower repeatedly to make it look like the branches of a flowering tree. After looking at Lucie's card, I knew this would be the perfect layout for the card that I was trying to work out in my mind. So, I got busy and stamped it and was very pleased with the result! Thanks to Lucie for the inspiration!! : )

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Robin Stewart said...

This confirms that this will be the next set I order. How bout a make and take with this set next meeting.

robin