Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where has the time gone??


Wow, it's been a long time since I posted... the worst part is that I don't have a new card to share with you tonight! But I do have this great card that I made a couple of years ago and it kind of makes me think of where I'll be by the weekend... can't wait!

When I made this card, I was experimenting with watercolouring for the first time. I think I did fairly well although there are a few things I would do differently if I tried it again... first, I would use our Watercolour Paper which would probably give me a much nicer result. And, I would be careful that the water went right up to my island with the three trees! Right now, the skyline comes below the island... Oh well - it's an original! : )

So, I've been busy... my sister and brother-in-law were visiting for the long weekend. We went to some of the curling games at Bear Mountain and enjoyed a nice Thai dinner together on Friday night. I managed to slip away to a hockey game in Vancouver with Brent on Saturday night, but that meant a late night ferry (10:45 pm) back to Nanaimo and a very late drive home. I cooked a great Easter brunch... I don't have time to cook as often as I would like so this was a real treat for me. Our company left on Sunday night. On Monday, I enjoyed a nice lunch with a friend and then had a woman from work come over to get help with stamping her wedding invitations... she had never stamped before, but designed her invitations herself and they turned out great! I've managed to finish off my swap cards for the cruise (with a little help from my trusty assistant - Mom!) and started laying out my cruise clothes... oh the decisions that go into deciding what to pack!

Well, better run! Hope you enjoy this card... I'll try to get back to post before I leave early Friday morning, but if I don't manage... sorry! Watch for a couple of cruise photos - we have 4 days at sea and I can't manage without a computer so yes, I plan to let you know how we're doing on the cruise.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: