This is another card that I stamped for the stamping class last week. I was inspired by a card that was published in the Stampin' Success - a magazine for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. This card uses the Priceless stamp set and I added the Canvas background. Unique colours again - Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie.But, check out the ribbon... I was so perplexed by this ribbon because I couldn't figure out where Stampin' Up! sold a white ribbon with an orange stripe on either side. I went straight to my catalogue to try to find it and then after becoming a little frustrated, I returned to the Stampin' Success magazine to read the instructions... hmm, feeling a little like a man - not reading the instructions first! LOL!! So, here's how this happened:
It starts out with a piece of White Grosgrain Ribbon. For this card, I used the Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker and simply used the brush tip to colour along the edge of the ribbon. By doing this, you could make ribbon any colour!! You might find that it bleeds a little bit into the ribbon, but it's not really noticeable once added to your project. So, with a roll of White Grosgrain Ribbon and a selection of Stampin' Write Markers, your ribbon colours are endless!Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
3 comments:
How cool is that!!!!!!
clb
I love this new little trick. I've actually done a couple of cards with this now too!
Alicia
I just finished using this method on my Easter cards last night - thanks for the hint and inspirations.....
clb
Post a Comment