
I have a new favourite stamp set... It's called "Wanted" (pg 103) and is perfect for those ever-so-challenging masculine cards! This is a card that I designed for a stamping class last week.
Notice how the card gives the illusion of the horse running. I did this by stamping the first horse in Chocolate Chip ink at the front and then moving back, stamping it again a second and third time without re-inking. I've also used the Sanded background stamp on this piece - inked in River Rock ink and stamped off 3 times before lightly stamping it over the horses. And, then there's lots of sponging to age the paper and give it a rustic look. I've used both of the star punches and added some colour with the Western Sky Designer Series Paper. The Happy Birthday greeting comes from the set called "A Little Birthday Cheer". I've finished the card off with some Vintage Brads and a piece of hemp wrapped around.
We're going to use this stamp set for a different card at next weekend's Stamp-A-Stack. I've spent most of today creating new cards - 10 done and 2 to go! Mom's going to be busy cutting card stock this week... with 29 stampers registered over the two days, it's going to be lots of cutting!
I'll be posting the new ribbon tip shortly... just need to finish a card and then take a photo for the post. Back soon!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment