So, why so busy? Well, last night I had a Partylite party with my friend, Hollie, who some of you have met at stamping classes. It was her first party as a new consultant and I have to say that she was great!! Thanks for such a fun evening, Hollie!
And, I've also been busy cooking... You see, every year at work we have a "cook-off". It's a fun event to raise money for the United Way. Everyone is on a team and we have 8 different categories that we enter a dish into. The dishes are judged and we all compete for the glory of winning in each category. So, the cook-off is tomorrow and I'm entering a dish in the "ethnic" category. I'm trying a new recipe - Thai Chicken Panang. I've eaten the dish many times at my favourite Thai restaurant, but I'm making it for the first time. So, on Tuesday night, I made the Panang Curry paste from scratch... Now I'm nervous because it's super hot (which I love) so I'm testing it tonight before I serve it to all my co-workers tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes. Oh, and if you are wondering how this raises money... we all pay $5 to eat the food after it has been judged. It's a fun and delicious fundraiser!
Okay, onto stamping. I've had this card in my sample basket for the last couple of weeks and it has had lots of great comments from everyone who has seen it. It's stamped with the Season of Friendship set from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. This is actually a copy of a card that was posted on my upline's blog... you can check out other cards that Alison posted using this set here. The tree is embossed in silver on Brushed Silver card stock... very nice! The snowflakes are also embossed, on Whisper White card stock, and punched using the 3/4" circle punch. The greeting comes from the set called From the Heart. And, the main card is Night of Navy with Night of Navy grosgrain. It's really striking in person.
This card is stamped with the Snow Swirled stamp set... It's a super simple card that would be so easy to duplicate if you need to make lots of Christmas cards. The greeting is actually stamped in Creamy Caramel ink so it stands out a bit and the snowflakes are stamped in Bravo Burgundy and Garden Green. I like the little touch of ribbon on the top corner - just a little bit but it adds so much!There are still seats open for Santa's Workshop this Saturday morning. Let me know if you'd like to join in... we'd love to have you!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment