I've just finished my downline meeting and have some great new cards that I will share with you over the next few days from our swap and make and takes. This was one of the cards that I had for a make and take. It's a beautiful card using the stamp set called "A Cardinal Christmas" from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. The card stock colours are Naturals White, Garden Green and Riding Hood Red. I coloured the cardinal using Blender Pens and ink.Now, I have to tell you about the Kenny Rogers concert last night. We had such a fun evening and get this... my hubby and I sang on Kenny's stage!! You can ask anyone who knows us and they will tell you that they don't believe it. First, I'm a horrible singer. And, the thought of my husband singing in front of hundreds of people is just not something that anyone who knows him would imagine happening. Okay, I have to admit, it's not quite the way it sounds... No, we didn't meet Kenny. Here's what happened...
We were standing in the lobby before the show visiting with another couple we know. We were approached by a couple guys, one with a video camera. They asked if we would sing a couple lines from a favourite Christmas song. No one in our group was very enthusiastic but these fellows were persistent. They said they were looking for a few "younger fans" to sing for Kenny... LOL! So, finally, we gave in and sang the first few lines of "Twelve Days of Christmas". It was painless until we were sitting during the intermission and realized that the big, huge screen on stage was likely going to be where that video would be aired... And, that's exactly what happened! We opened the second half of the show! Well, not just us - there were a few other fans who shared in the event with their own clips. It was pretty funny and I'm glad we did it! So, now I'm just saying that I sang on Kenny Rogers' stage - I was singing and it was shown on his stage. I think that counts, doesn't it?
Oh, I should mention that I have had a couple seats come open for Friday night's Santa's Workshop and I still have a few available for Saturday morning... just email if you are interested!
I'll be back tomorrow with a new card or two... see you then!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment