Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Chocolates


Here's my version of giving chocolate at Christmas... The only problem is that it would take a dedicated chocoholic to ruin this cute little package to get at the chocolate! Good news though... the chocolate bar will slide out of the stamped wrapper.

The chocolate bar I used for this project worked really well - it's called "Brockmann's Truffini" and it comes in lots of different flavours. I found mine at The Market on Millstream where they are 2 for $3. I also saw them at London Drugs so I'm sure they are also available elsewhere.

The Whisper White card stock is cut at 4 1/4" x 5". It's easy to score for this chocolate bar - score at 1", 1 1/2", 2 3/4" and 3 1/4". Just be sure you are scoring the right way - the chocolate bar is 5" tall...

Santa uses a few different punches: 1 3/8" Circle, Boho Blossoms, Word Window, Scallop Square, and 1/4" Circle.

On the Snowman, I've used these punches: Large Tag, Word Window, Trio Flower, 1/4" Circle and Ticket Corner (for his nose). I sponged a little bit of Pretty in Pink ink for his cheeks using a Sponge Dauber. The ribbon for the scarf is 9" long.

You could use these same ideas on other chocolate bars by changing the measurements... Hope you have fun decorating chocolate for Christmas!

Oh, if you are wondering how my Thai Chicken Panang turned out last week, it was yummy! And, it took first place in the "Ethnic" category in our cook-off so that was exciting... there was some pretty tough competition!

Have a great week, and happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much Bev - they are sooooo cuuute. once I get my stitching and xmas cards done, this will be my next project - all decorated - so one thing accomplished

cheers
clb