I had some time to play in my craft room last night so worked on swap cards for my downline meeting that is coming up tomorrow night. You probably know how much I love using punches to create things... isn't this little snowman adorable? The snowman's body is punched using the 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle punches. His eyes and mouth are punched using the Double Circle punch and his carrot nose is the Horizontal Slot punch which I cut in half diagonally. The two buttons are punched with the 1/4" Circle punch. For his hat, there wasn't a square punch that gave me the right size, so I cut a 7/8" square and then attached a second piece for the brim that was cut approximately 1/4" x 1 1/8". For his scarf, I cut a 5 1/2" piece of Red Gingham ribbon and tied a knot then slid one side of the knot in behind the top circle (his head). The card stock colours are Kraft, Real Red and Baha Breeze. You can't see it too much in the scan, but I sponged around all the pieces of his body with Baha Breeze ink - it just gives a bit of definition.Well, today is cleaning day at my house... and tonight, my hubby is taking me to see Kenny Rogers! I'm excited about that... I've loved Kenny Rogers for as long as I can remember and this will be the first time I see him in concert. So, dinner and a concert tonight with my sweetheart will be lots of fun!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
love this card - gave me ideas for next year!!!!
thanks for the inspirations
clb
Post a Comment