Sunday, November 09, 2008

Craft fairs are finished


Well, another season of craft fairs are done for us. We did two fairs, one last weekend and one this weekend. They were both great and it was fantastic to see lots of you out at one or the other! Thanks for stopping by.

I'm very proud of my Mom for all of her hard work in getting ready for the craft fairs. She works on her creations all year long... I enjoy being able to go along to help her sell at the fairs, but the hard work is all hers. I forgot to take the camera along to Strawberry Vale last weekend but did get a picture before the Calico Christmas fair opened up this past Friday night. Quite the selection of cards, hey?!!

So, I was telling you that I did help Mom a little last week with making hot chocolate packages. She came up with a new design this year, using a retired favourite, Frosty. These were quite popular and have been for the past several years. They are great little gifts - there is a package of Carnation hot chocolate inside. Lots of people bought these to give as gifts to teachers, coworkers, neighbours or to use as stocking stuffers.

These are really easy to make and you could fill them with all sorts of things. The ribbon that you see at the top actually goes all the way on the inside of the package, underneath the hot chocolate to hold it in and then ties in a bow at the top.

Mom also tried something new this year with these little chocolate packages which are super simple to make... The chocolates are little Hershey's individual chocolate bars wrapped with Designer Series Paper. We happened to have lots of a retired style of paper so she used that for her packages. Then she used the Bigz Top Note die to cut the tops and decorated them with a Poinsettia that she had punched with the 5-Petal Flower punch. Oh, by the way, she stapled to topper on, and covered the staples with the greeting and flower that she added. And, those are the medium cello bags that she used for these.

Well, I hope you enjoyed these peeks at Mom's craft fair creations!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Hollie said...

What talented genes you have running in your family!!! These are great!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great set up. Hi to your Mom. Mind if I ask what you charged for your cards and the bags with chocolates? I'm doing a craft fair tomorrow.

Thanks,
Debbie