Saturday, November 25, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

It started snowing at about 3:00 this afternoon... the ground is now a blanket of snow. It's beautiful!

So, it was the perfect time to stamp packages of snowman soup! This was an idea that came from a demonstrator in my downline, Suzanne. She made the package that's at the top of this post.

I wanted to play with some different colours, so I stamped mine in Brocade Blue. Here's what you need to make your own snowman soup:

1 package of hot chocolate
1 dozen (or more!) miniature marshmallows
1 small candy cane
1 piece of card stock cut to 4 1/4" x 11"
1 medium flat cellophane bag
1 10" piece of ribbon
stamps, ink, adhesive, scissors and a punch

Stamp the piece of card stock. Then score it at 1", 5 1/4" and 6 3/4". Fold to make package. Put the hot chocolate, marshmallows and candy cane into the cellophane bag - I folded the top of the hot chocolate package down a bit so it fit better. Then fold the top of the cellophane bag down so that it fits inside the card stock package. I ran some SNAIL adhesive inside the package to hold the cellophane bag.

Next, you'll need to punch holes in the top to thread the ribbon through. I used the rectangle hand held punch for this. You are going through 3 layers of card stock plus the cellophane bag so it takes some strength - if you aren't able to go through all of this at once, punch through the front flap first, then lay it down and punch in the same place through the other layers. Thread your ribbon through and tie a bow on the front. Attach your stamped image to the front. I printed "Snowman Soup" onto the Whisper White card stock first then stamped the snowman family from Flaky Friends.

This would make a great little gift, maybe a stocking stuffer or a little decoration on a table... Or, use it in place of a card - you could tie a little tag onto the front to add a greeting and sign it. I think everyone would love having a mug of snowman soup!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: