Sunday, November 19, 2006

Love Matters


Here's another little sneak peak into the Winter Mini Catalogue... it comes available on December 1st so not too far away now. My last post showed you a card that I made with the stamp set called "Love Matters". Here are three more cards with this cute set - and I'm proud to say that these are all my own creations!

I spent some time stamping last night and this morning... actually I was on a creative roll last night so ended up stamping until 3:00 am! Even then, I didn't feel like sleeping, but knew I had to...

While I was stamping, I was watching a TV special celebrating the career of Reba McEntire. As a girl who grew up in Alberta, I'm a big country music fan and I've long been a fan of Reba's. I was stamping the first card with the word "Love" on the front when someone was talking about the philosophy that's reinforced in Reba's TV sitcom and it really struck a chord with me... One of Reba's co-stars said that the basic message that underlies each episode is that "whatever life throws your way, love wins." Wow! I had to stop stamping and write that down...

Okay, back to the cards. My colour selections coordinate with the Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals - Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Rose Red. I often gravitate towards these colours so it's nice to have these ribbons that go with them. I just switched the colours around for each card and added a piece of ribbon to dress them up. It made it so easy to design four cards this way. By the way, you can click on the photo to see it bigger.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: