Friday, November 03, 2006

More Christmas inspiration...


It's been a while since I've been blogging because I've been so busy getting ready for tonight's Santa's Workshop... We have 14 new Christmas cards ready for everyone and I just thought I'd give you a sneak peak at a few.

I was trying to pick a favourite out of all the cards this afternoon and I couldn't... I am pretty fond of the Santa card though - I love the little buckle from the Hodgepodge Hardware that reminds me of Santa's belt. This is a pretty quick and simple card using the Holiday Woodcuts set with the "be merry" greeting from the new Warm Words set.


I wanted to play with some different colours so I tried Green Galore, Gable Green and Real Red on the card made with the Crazy for Christmas stamp set. This one is pretty quick also - just coloured with Stampin' Write Markers. I love the ribbon on this card. I did notice that I'm using lots of ribbon right now - it just gives that nice finishing touch on my cards so I can't resist!


My Mom was inspired by a card sample she saw for the Festive Favourites card, but she really made it her own by changing things a bit. I love this card - the colours are great... Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme. So cute! Aren't the reindeer adorable? And the little tag just adds another eyecatching detail to the card.

This last card uses my favourite - snowmen! I could have had 14 cards made with snowmen tonight, but I managed to branch out to other festive images...!! For those of you who don't already know, I'm a bit of a snowman fanatic... I have quite a nice collection and can't wait for them to make their appearance when we decorate for Christmas! This card is a simple layout - I used Sage Shadow card stock with Real Red and Brocade Blue for a different look.

Well, I must run and finish getting everything ready for tonight!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(Images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: