
If you love sparkly cards, this is a technique for you! It's called Faux Diamond Dust. It's a great technique to keep in mind when you are stamping your winter cards - imagine using this on a snowman...

It might be a bit hard to see on the scan, but the main image on this card - the "friends" piece - is all sparkly. You might see it a bit better if you click on the picture to get a larger image.
This is a really simple technique with our Iridescent Ice Emboss Powder. This powder has glitter right in it so once you heat it, the glitter is sealed right into your card.
Start by stamping and colouring your image. Then apply VersaMark ink direct to paper (see the photo) to cover the whole front of the image. Next, sprinkle the Iridescent Ice Emboss Powder over the card stock. The emboss powder will stick to the VersaMark ink.


Use your Heat Tool to "melt" the emboss powder. You will see this powder turn clear. I always emboss on a piece of tin foil because it helps to reflect the heat back up from underneath which speeds up the embossing and also minimizes the card stock curl that often happens from the heat.


Let it cool for a minute and that's it! Your piece is all sparkly now and ready to be added to your card or scrapbook page.
So, are you wondering where this stamp is from? It's a great new set called "Love Matters" which is in the upcoming Winter Mini Catalogue. It will be available from December 1st - February 28th.
I'm making this card for a swap that I'm in. I really like the colours together - Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal and Almost Amethyst. I got the combination from my Colour Coach - I love this tool and use it nearly everytime I'm trying to create a card. It takes the guess work out of colour combinations, something that I'm not so great with!

Hope you'll give this technique a try... By the way, you can do this on a piece of plain card stock and then use it as a background. Here's a sample doing just that using the "Pretty Princess" stamp set. The piece of Regal Rose card stock is nice and sparkly!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment