Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Trees...

Today was a really exciting day because I registered for the Panama Canal cruise that I earned through Stampin' Up! I can't wait to go - can you imagine a whole cruise ship filled with Stampin' Up! demonstrators? I can't believe that I am going to be on an all-expense paid trip with Shelli Gardner (Stampin' Up!'s CEO) and the top demonstrators from Canada and the US. I'm taking my Mom with me - I would never have been able to achieve this without her help! We'll be leaving in April for 8 days of adventure!

So, I thought that it would be appropriate to post this palm tree card tonight... The background of the piece that is stamped with the palm tree is done with a technique called Faux Mother of Pearl. This is one of five techniques that I teach in the Techniques I class. I'll be offering this class again in the new year... watch for my class schedule to be posted soon!

I stamped this second card last night and I love it! The tree is stamped on Kraft card stock. I actually stamped it in two colours - I inked the top with Garden Green and then flipped the stamp around to ink the bottom of the trunk and the ground with Chocolate Chip. Then I coloured the trunk with a Blender Pen and Chocolate Chip ink. My favourite part is the snow that I added with the White Gel Pen. Notice how I used the Ticket Corner punch on this card again - this time it created the perfect space for me to put brads (Antique Brass from a Hodgepodge Hardware Kit). I also sponged the edge of the Kraft card stock with Chocolate Chip ink. You don't notice it much in this picture, but I stamped a new stamp - the Flannel Plaid background stamp - on the Bravo Burgundy card stock with the same colour of ink. And I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds on the Certainly Celery piece. The word "Peace" is from the All-Year Cheer I stamp set.

Well, I'm off to get ready for a stamping class.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.


(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: