Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Little Christmas Inspiration

I received an email this week with a link to a website that has a Christmas countdown... Right now, it's telling me that there are only 56 days until Christmas! Plenty of time to get those hand-stamped holiday greetings stamped and ready to send off...

I thought I'd share a couple of Christmas cards with you tonight. I designed the first one for some stamping classes that I had last week. It uses the Yule Bits & Borders stamp set. I stamped the stocking twice - once in Cranberry Crisp and then again in Basic Black (on a second piece of card stock). I coloured and cut the the stocking stamped in Basic Black, and then mounted it on top of the Cranberry Crisp image with Dimensionals. A couple of the stampers at my classes did this same card using the tree out of this stamp set and it was really cute also! I like these colours together for Christmas - Cranberry Crisp, Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke.

The Santa card is one that was at last month's Stamp-A-Stack. It uses the Word Search background stamp - this stamp has at least 58 words that can be circled to suit many different occasions. Santa is from the Gifts of Joy stamp set. He's been coloured using Stampin' Write Markers and the Zig Painty pen to make his belt buckle gold. Then he was cut out and put on with Dimensionals. A bit of work to this card but it certainly is cute!

And, here's one that I made last year using the Peace be Unto You set. The dove is stamped on Brocade Blue card stock with VersaMark ink and embossed with Black Emboss Powder. Then I painted bleach onto the dove using an Aquapainter which turned the dove white as the bleach dried. I love the effect this had! The Mulberry paper gives such a nice, soft look to the card and helps make sure that the dove stands out.

If you are still looking for inspiration for your Christmas cards, check my schedule for upcoming Santa's Workshops. I've had a couple of seats open up for this Friday night, November 3rd - if you'd like to come, contact me soon! With over a dozen new Christmas cards to pick from, you'll be sure to find some ideas...

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(Images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: