
Hello Stampers!
This is a card that I received as a thank you from another Stampin' Up! demonstrator who attended a meeting/stamping day that I had organized back in September. I've had it out on display at some of my recent events and so many compliments have been made about it. I love receiving hand-stamped cards - they are treasured pieces of art to me!
I was given a link to an online article about Halloween etiquette that was included in a recent issue of Town & Country magazine. I was thrilled to read lesson #1 in this article which speaks about homemade cards. I thought that I couldn't say it any better so here's a quote from this article:
"I have a huge regard for homemade items even today and particularly admire handcrafted greeting cards. Of course, it's far easier to buy a salutation than it is to sit down and create one. But which kind will be treasured long after the occasion has passed? Homemade or Hallmark?"
I love receiving any type of card, handmade or store-bought, because I know that someone is thinking about me. I do certainly treasure the handmade ones though because I can really appreciate the work that went into it. I know another Stampin' Up! demonstrator who has the following quote at the end of her emails:
"A handmade card is a hug with a fold in the middle."
Isn't that so true? I think many of us who send homemade cards know that there is so much more going into that greeting than the simple sentiment itself... It's a work of art from the heart!
By the way, you can read the whole article about Halloween etiquette here.
Check back tomorrow evening - I'll be posting the instructions on how to make that cute little bag to hold 3" x 3" note cards that you may have seen at some of my recent events or in my last newsletter!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
No comments:
Post a Comment