Sunday, October 01, 2006

Off to Quebec City!!

I'm leaving tomorrow (October 2nd) for Quebec City! My first three days there will be occupied with work meetings, but then I have four days to spend with my hubby exploring... We've never been there before and this trip falls just before our 10th anniversary so we are really looking forward to it!! As you probably know, fall is my favourite season so I'm so excited to see the beautiful fall colours in Quebec.

So, as I get ready to leave, I thought I would share a few fall samples with you. I stamped the candle as a sample for the Beyond Cards class.

Halloween is such a fun time to make cute little boxes and bags for holding candy treats. I made the little 2-4-6-8 box in the top left corner this year using the Key Tag Punch for the window in the front and then adding a piece of Window Sheet to the inside. The little pouch at in the top right corner was made last year by my friend Melanie and the little bag was from my friend Sonia. It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but Sonia stamped the web from Web Wishes on the cello bag using StazOn ink and it adds a little extra to this cute candy bag! When I pulled these out of my cupboard, I was surprised to realize that I had kept chocolate for over a year... does this mean that I love stamping more than I love chocolate? I think it's too close to call! : )

Notice that the "Many Thanks" greeting on the card is stamped on Twill Tape. This reminds me that I need to use Twill Tape more often because I love how it looks! And, it's so simple - just stamp on the Twill Tape with either Classic or Craft ink. And, if you have an "oops" the first time, you still have the other side to try again! Twill Tape adds a different texture to your cards or scrapbook pages.

The layout on the Loads of Love card is so simple, but I've used it for many different occasions by stamping different things in the box of the truck - presents for birthdays, a tree for Christmas, hearts for Valentine's... I just change the colour of the card stock strip on the left to match what I'm stamping. It's always nice to have a layout that can be used in different ways.

Well, enjoy these samples... I'll get some more samples, ideas and tips out to you after I get home from Quebec City on October 10th!

Until then, happy stampin'!

Bev.

No comments: