
I had a stamping class last night with a fantastic group of ladies. One of the things that the hostess asked me to do was Christmas gift tags... It gave me a chance to play with my Tag Punch and the Festive Favourites stamp set - what a great combination!
Here's how I made these cute little tags... Stamp and colour the tag images then cut them out with Paper Snips. To punch the tags, score a small piece of card stock and fold it in half. Insert it into the punch (remember to use your punch upside down so you can see what you are doing) with the fold on the left. Keep the fold just inside the punch - you should see just a sliver on the left side of the fold. Punch! You will end up with a little card in the shape of a tag and you can attach the image to the front! We stamped a little "to/from" stamp from the Holiday Woodcuts stamp set inside and the tags were ready to go!
So, since I was sharing this tag idea with you, I thought I would show you how you can use the Tag Punch to make a longer tag... Cut a strip of card stock as long as you would like it and about 1 1/4" wide. Insert it into the Tag Punch as shown in the picture and punch! You'll just be punching the top to get the tag shape. Then you can stamp and use your long tag on a card or scrapbook page.

And, did you notice the candle on page 12 of the Holiday Mini Catalogue? It has a little tag attached with hemp - such a great idea to dress up a candle!
Happy punching!
Bev.
No comments:
Post a Comment