Saturday, October 21, 2006

Punch your art out!


I so wish that I could be creative enough to come up with these ideas myself... Oh well, if I can't come up with them on my own, I will be happy to borrow ideas from others! Especially great ideas like these! I hope you'll enjoy seeing them and will be inspired to try them yourself...

Check out how the oval punches have been used on these cards - to create flowers and a pumpkin! How cool is that?!!

The first daisy card uses the small oval punch for the petals. The circle punch was also used to punch out the centre of the flower and although you can't see it really well in this picture, the circle was embossed with Crystal Clear Emboss Powder. It gives it a bit of shine and looks really great. Also, notice the faux stitching around the circle.

The second flower card uses both the large and the small oval punches layered. This one features the Wishing You the Best and again the circle punch. Notice how the card stock in the smaller ovals was first stamped with the Weathered background stamp - I like the texture that this adds to the card. This card was shared as a make and take at our group meeting by one of my downline demonstrators... thanks Lucie!! : )

And the pumpkin card uses both the large and small oval punches - three large and two small punches. This card was inspired by a Halloween Treat bag that my upline, Alison, created. The stem of the pumpkin was just cut by hand and the little curly bits are slivers of card stock that I cut using my new Stampin' Up! Tabletop Paper Cutter... I love this cutter because it lets you cut the tiniest slices of card stock, making it easy to get card stock just the right size. Notice how I also added "Happy Halloween" on pieces punched with the Word Window Punch. Remember to stamp first and then use your punch upside down when you are doing something like this.

Well, I hope this helps you with some inspiring new ideas!

Happy stampin' & punchin'!

Bev.

No comments: