
My hubby went to a health show a while ago and learned that having a small amount of 70%+ dark cocoa bittersweet organic chocolate each day is good for you... so, every now and then he "invests" in these wonderful chocolate bars. The other day, he came home with these little bars and said "aren't these cute?" Well, little did he know that my mind was racing with ideas of how I might "package" them for Halloween treats!
I started trying out my ideas last night and turned out they weren't so good after all... I was experiencing "stampers block"! Have you ever had that happen, when you just can't get things to work? Well, by the time my stamping table was covered with Pumpkin Pie card stock cut in all shapes and sizes, I decided to take a break. I took a bath and ate the chocolate bar... forget trying to "package" it!!
This morning, I was telling my Mom about what I had been through last night and she came up with the solution! Yay, Mom!! She suggested that I crimp my package and that was just what I needed to do to make it work. Thank goodness there were still some chocolate bars left!

Okay, here's the "how to" part... I cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock to 6" x 4 1 /4". I scored it at 1 1/2" and 4 1/4" inches and folded it. Then I ran it through the crimper. Pre-scoring and folding helped to make sure that I would fold it at the right places after crimping. Then I ran SNAIL adhesive all the way along the bottom and up one of the sides - the side that was longer and will fold over top of the other to close the pouch in the back. After I stuck it together, I crimped the bottom - this helps to seal it and hold it closed, but it also looks cute! Then I took a piece of Halloween Night Designer Series Paper (2" x 6") and wrapped it around, securing it with SNAIL adhesive. Finally, I attached my witch from the Best Fiends stamp set (matted on Vintage Violet card stock) to the front with Sticky Strip and put the chocolate bar in...

I really wanted to use the "happy fright night" stamp from this stamp set because I love it, but there just wasn't enough room left... However, as I type this, I'm thinking that I might attach it to the chocolate bar itself!
I'm really happy with the final outcome... Oh, and Mom and I shared a chocolate bar to celebrate the success!!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
No comments:
Post a Comment